Firms across Europe have just two weeks to comply with a law that aims to create a single European market for financial services. But most are struggling with the directive's record-keeping duties, according to survey findings published today. The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) harmonises the regulatory …
Consultations by appointment
Not surprised there are no comments on this. I'm working on implementing the changes required for it and it's dead dull.
Some of the requirements are pretty good and will improve services for clients but some are pointless and will confuse people.
The place I'm working at will be ready for the 1st of Nov but it seems the really big players in the market are not making a massive effort to be compliant. Their attitude is 'as long as we are trying it does not matter when'. I've heard people say, 'the FSA won't be coming around on the 2nd of Nov to see what we are doing'.
After all it's only the law.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE