back to article Top USAF buyer found dead

A high-ranking member of the Air Force's procurement office with a mandate to repair his department's reputation died in an apparent suicide, two weeks after a newspaper reported he accepted more than $26,000 from a private contractor. Civilian official Charles D. Riechers, 47, was found dead at his home on Sunday night after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

allegedly.....

three men were seen leaving the scene wearing tin foil suits and were last seen boarding a dark coloured helicopter...

...allegedly?

Dead Vulture

26k for a 6bn deal, where can I get that kind of service?

Granted... this is wrong, but its still a deal from heaven, if he gets caught he suicides too... something smell fishy to me.

Black Helicopters

either incredible luck

or he was murdered guys like that don't commit suicide this stretches credulity way past breaking they usually get more than a 26k "commission" on the deal too if previous examples are any indication. Whats a little contract brokering among friends not worth killing yourself for even in these odd days.

Black Helicopters

Extreme Prejudice

Enough said........

Silver badge

What a loser

Out of billions of dollars he didn't manage to make even one lousy million in commission ? It's the shame that killed him, all right. The shame of being a lousy businessman.

Now I'm waiting to hear about how it was a suicide even though his hands were tightly tied behind his back, his neck was strangled with a nylon cord attached to the rear headset, and after doing all that, he still managed to start the car AND shoot himself in the head. Twice.

Silver badge

Suicide alright

My guess is he chose to set his feet in a bucket of concrete and then jumped off a bridge...

Good guy

He was not a loser, if you don't know him you shouldn't judge. It's obvious he was put in a bad place. This is a terrible loss for the Air Force. This article also does not include complete accurate information.

Al Yamamah

I'm sure the yanks will still want to investigate the BAE - saudi alleged corruption in a bid to ensure all corruption in future US arms deals stays at home...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums