The storage biz has once again birthed a surprisingly successful IPO — but how will adolescence treat it? SAN specialist Compellent made the public leap earlier this week, offering shares at $13.50 under the symbol CML. From there, shares leaped to $24 at closing, almost double the initial price. Honeymoon trading didn't last, …
Dear god in heaven.
Please, please, pretty please tell me that this is a satire article of some kind. I don't think I can continue living knowing that there's a company which calls itself "Compellent".
I can just see the brainstorming session that vomited that one up on the table: "I've got it! Awesoment!" "Nah, too obvious. How about Greatent?" "Not enough characters." "Superent? Terrificis? Persuasys?" "Ah hah! That's it! COMPELLENT!"
At least Persuasys would have had a shred of originality.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe