The storage biz has once again birthed a surprisingly successful IPO — but how will adolescence treat it? SAN specialist Compellent made the public leap earlier this week, offering shares at $13.50 under the symbol CML. From there, shares leaped to $24 at closing, almost double the initial price. Honeymoon trading didn't last, …
Dear god in heaven.
Please, please, pretty please tell me that this is a satire article of some kind. I don't think I can continue living knowing that there's a company which calls itself "Compellent".
I can just see the brainstorming session that vomited that one up on the table: "I've got it! Awesoment!" "Nah, too obvious. How about Greatent?" "Not enough characters." "Superent? Terrificis? Persuasys?" "Ah hah! That's it! COMPELLENT!"
At least Persuasys would have had a shred of originality.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching