European data watchdogs will deliver their judgement on whether Google's data warehousing policies are violating privacy laws in the new year. Reuters reports an official from the Article 29 Working Group said yesterday: "We have written to Google to say that we are continuing our work, that it is not limited to Google, and …
Will this legislation be effective?
Will the wharehousing limits apply to just search (aka google.com) or to the entire google network?
Adscense, google maps, utube, doubleclick to be, google-office, gmail, ...
Does google really have to delete the data, or just "anonymize" it by setting cookies to self destruct in a year? Google will obviously issue new cookies so this approach is totally ineffective for anonimizing purposes.
I hope this legislation goes a bit more technical than just placing a duration clause in.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of huge BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan