European data watchdogs will deliver their judgement on whether Google's data warehousing policies are violating privacy laws in the new year. Reuters reports an official from the Article 29 Working Group said yesterday: "We have written to Google to say that we are continuing our work, that it is not limited to Google, and …
Will this legislation be effective?
Will the wharehousing limits apply to just search (aka google.com) or to the entire google network?
Adscense, google maps, utube, doubleclick to be, google-office, gmail, ...
Does google really have to delete the data, or just "anonymize" it by setting cookies to self destruct in a year? Google will obviously issue new cookies so this approach is totally ineffective for anonimizing purposes.
I hope this legislation goes a bit more technical than just placing a duration clause in.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize