back to article Blinkx targets money-hungry video sharers

Blinkx wants your help as it works to generate some cold hard cash from the worldwide obsession with online video. And it's willing to slip you a cut. Today, the Anglo-American video search engine unveiled a widget that lets you slap text ads on videos embedded into your website or blog, and when you do so, you get 50 per cent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Donaly
    Thumb Up

Greed?

I assume you will video up the place as soon as possible then. Anyway it's not greed it's need slim profit potential on most sites require any and all avenues be exploited fully I would expect you to know that we still have to eat and drink heavily don't we. If it gets too unsightly you can cut back unlike what happens currently with ad servers.

2. peter
    Thumb Down

Overlay

The embedded ads from Blinkx be inside the frame while the new embedded ads from Google are above the video and inside it.

Seems at some point you may have 2 advertisers, a site host and the content creator all invovled in adverts for one video. Each overlaid on top of each other or in addition around the edges.

Time for some automated real time overlays that will user a blur filter from vdub to make it less unsightly or just black it out.

3. Steve Roper
    Coat

Firefox will fix this!

So bring on the BlinkXBlock extension for Firefox that will fix this one. Simply parse the code that's coming from BlinkX, extract the URL of the original video with a simple regex, and replace the BlinkX URL in the page with the original one.

Might even program this baby up myself for the benefit of 'Fox users everywhere!

$action = GetCoat("Steve Roper", localtime(time));

CallTaxi($action);

exit;

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like