Feeds

back to article UK company presents the pop-out post-a-phone

A UK design company has gone eco-friendly with its recyclable landline handset, which is so flat it can be posted through your letterbox. The Post A Phone is just 0.4cm thick and made from recyclable cardboard and plastic. Post_A_Phone The Post A Phone It ships in an A5 envelope and pops out from a greeting card style packet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

I'm Guessing...

that whilst this phone is an excellent concept, it will not be compatible with Royal Mail!

Paris Hilton

Royal Mail staff will nick it, it's true...

...just like the daft turds nick anything else that's not bolted down. I'm surprised they haven't nicked the Royal Mail depots and logos, and even Allan Leighton himself. Frankly, one doesn't need to build new prisons, just to lock Royal Mail staff in the sorting offices, indefinitely, and crime will probably disappear.

Ok what I meant to say before the red mist overcame me, was that this is a solution in search of a problem - these days, what we need more is a service to send birthday money by email (and we've got that service).

Still would be a lovely gift to get from a faraway lover, though.

How long will it last

OK, great, it's made from recycled plastic and cardboard. But how long will this phone actually last in everyday use? It seems to me that it would just encourage the burgeoning culture of disposability rather than challenge it.

Instead why don't we all buy a decent, well made, solid landline phones that will last.

Will doubtless be used...

...for direct mailing promotions, depending on cost. It'll be printed with a company logo and slogan - probably something "clever" about connecting people, or back to BT's old "good to talk" idea, and sent out to businesses - or perhaps given out at Fresher's Fairs around the country.

Give it a year - we'll all have hundreds of them. They'll be like ISP CDs were.

This topic is closed for new posts.