Halo 3 has proven to be a shrewd investment for Microsoft. The software behemoth claims the game is the world's fastest-selling video game to date, generating sales in excess of $300m (£150m/€190m) during its first week. Bill_Gates_Halo3_launch Halo 3: Every little sale helps The company also claimed that initial reports from …
I can just see it now - buy Halo 3 and get Windows Vista free!! Takes the heat off the underwhelming bag of cack and clears shelves in PC World for something eminently more useful such as the remastered Debbie Does Dallas on Blu-Ray!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide