Score one for the anti-Verizons in the ongoing battle for the 700-MHz band, a slice of US wireless spectrum set to be auctioned off by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in mid-January. On September 27, more than two weeks after it brought legal action against the FCC over rules that would allow consumers to attach any …
Don't be evil.
Although I don't believe for a second that Google is some sort of altruistic champion of the common man, it's nice to have someone at least putting on a decent show of pretending to be.
have you read Scroogled?
by Cory Doctorow over at boingboing
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning