In literary circles, first editions are often highly prised. However, Sony hopes the second edition of its Reader digital book, the PRS-505, will prove more popular than its predecessor, thanks to what it claimed was a much better display. Sony_PRS505 Sony's PRS-505: paperback wiper? The PRS-505 uses E Ink's latest display …
Tell us about
the DRM and limited book titles available...
What file formats does it accept?
A book reader without books?
"The PRS-505 features the same 800MHz Intel Celeron processor, 128MB of memory and 20MB hard drive that its predecessor had. Once again, the device has a battery life quoted as around 7500 page turns and promised to ship it with at least a USB 1.1 or faster port. The latest model comes bundled with an external CD-Rom drive."
Um, something tells me these are the _minimum_ system requirements for the _PC_ it is to be connected to, _not_ the reader itself.
* Operating System --- Windows® XP (Home Edition/Professional, Media Center Edition, Media Center Edition 2004, Media Center Edition 2005)& Windows Vista® (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate).
* 800MHz Intel® Celeron® class processor or better
* 128 MB Minimum
* 20MB9 Minimum available Hard Drive space
* Optical Drive capable of reading CD-ROM
* USB 1.1 or faster USB Port (Optimal with USB 2.0)
* Broadband suggested3"
would seem to give the impression that these are features of the unit itself by not clearly putting them under a heading like "System requirements", the use of phrases like "RAM 128 MB Minimum" and "Processor 800MHz Intel® Celeron® class processor or better" offer some pretty big hints that whatever we're talking about is upgradeable through something _other_ than Memory Stick and SD card slots ;).
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE