IBM on Friday is releasing a new version of its General Parallel File System (GPFS) for serious data crunchers. The update, now version 3.2, features improvements to GPFS's policy-based file management system and offers speedier searches. GPFS caters to hardcore users trying to run a file system across numerous systems. It …
An unfortunate acronym.
It's one letter longer than the classic dreaded Windows blue-screen-of-death error General Protection Fault(s?).
Do we still get GPFs with XP or Vista?
Can you use GPFS to share storage across Windows servers as well?
Yes, Windows support in GPFS
IBM has provided a Statement of Direction stating that Windows support will be offered in GPFS by the end of 2007
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss