IBM on Friday is releasing a new version of its General Parallel File System (GPFS) for serious data crunchers. The update, now version 3.2, features improvements to GPFS's policy-based file management system and offers speedier searches. GPFS caters to hardcore users trying to run a file system across numerous systems. It …
An unfortunate acronym.
It's one letter longer than the classic dreaded Windows blue-screen-of-death error General Protection Fault(s?).
Do we still get GPFs with XP or Vista?
Can you use GPFS to share storage across Windows servers as well?
Yes, Windows support in GPFS
IBM has provided a Statement of Direction stating that Windows support will be offered in GPFS by the end of 2007
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?