IBM on Friday is releasing a new version of its General Parallel File System (GPFS) for serious data crunchers. The update, now version 3.2, features improvements to GPFS's policy-based file management system and offers speedier searches. GPFS caters to hardcore users trying to run a file system across numerous systems. It …
An unfortunate acronym.
It's one letter longer than the classic dreaded Windows blue-screen-of-death error General Protection Fault(s?).
Do we still get GPFs with XP or Vista?
Can you use GPFS to share storage across Windows servers as well?
Yes, Windows support in GPFS
IBM has provided a Statement of Direction stating that Windows support will be offered in GPFS by the end of 2007
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene