IBM on Friday is releasing a new version of its General Parallel File System (GPFS) for serious data crunchers. The update, now version 3.2, features improvements to GPFS's policy-based file management system and offers speedier searches. GPFS caters to hardcore users trying to run a file system across numerous systems. It …
An unfortunate acronym.
It's one letter longer than the classic dreaded Windows blue-screen-of-death error General Protection Fault(s?).
Do we still get GPFs with XP or Vista?
Can you use GPFS to share storage across Windows servers as well?
Yes, Windows support in GPFS
IBM has provided a Statement of Direction stating that Windows support will be offered in GPFS by the end of 2007
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?