back to article HTC adds real, virtual keypads to second-gen Touch

HTC has introduced a version its Touch smartphone - reviewed here - this time with the company's trademark slide-down keypad. HTC Touch Dual HTC's Touch Dual: slide-out keypad on board The Touch Dual sports the regular Touch's finger-operated user interface, updated with a full-size soft keyboard to augment the mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jason Aspinall

Orange, end of the month?

Aye...and I'll eat my hat* if they actually release this handset by the end of the month! In a HTC press release, Orange were supposed to be the first operator in the UK to be releasing the uber brilliant HTC TyTN II in September! Funnily enough, T-Mobile appear to have beaten them to it with their MDA Vario III. Not to mention anyone dreaming of using any handset with HSDPA on the Orange network better have bloody deep pockets rammed full of gold coins, or at least take out a second mortgage to cope with their crazy data pricing. At least folk at T-Mobile have a clue when it comes to this with their web'n'walk pricing....

*I will actually have to go out and buy one first, however!

2. Jonathan Fitt

So close...

I thought for a second that it was a viable replacement for my TyTn/Hermes: touch interface, but with a 2-letter keyboard which would be fine for typing, yet much better than the tytn for dialling.

It was so close, and then I read no wifi! Next!

HTC churn out devices faster than I can keep up with nowadays, and occasionally hit upon a goldy. I'll just wait 3 months for the next iteration.

Or of course I'll just wait for the 3G iPhone...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like