Machine-to-Machine (M2M) wireless communications, which enables applications such as remote measurement, monitoring and management, is a fairly niche topic. Yet, responses to a recent Reg reader panel survey indicated it's becoming more and more widespread. Seven per cent of respondents rated M2M's importance as 4 or 5 on a …
Cellular M2M is becoming much more prominent in hazardous areas where explosion proofing is costly and cable runs through these areas is risky; cellular M2M is still too costly to be viable in large scale plant monitoring, but for specialised plant, particularly in refinery applications (although not common in the UK), cellular M2M is beginning to take off.
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe