IBM's Italian workforce is set to strike in Second Life tomorrow (27 September). Organised by the UNI union, staff aim to hit the company’s virtual islands, as well as putting real life protesters on picket line duty outside its Italian facilities. Although Sadville is, well, mainly sad, the virtual islands are being heavily …
I can't believe that no one has asked what the [IT,Paris Hilton,iPhone] angle is yet. And no, Sadville doesn't count as the IT angle.
Send in the cyber cops!
Watch those striking workers scatter.....
The real surprise
is that it wasn't the French who first went on strike in Sadville.
You... You do know who IBM are, right?
Of course there's an IT angle
Even it if wasn't IBM involved, it would still have an IT angle.
Social change driven by online communities (such as Facebook groups influencing some things, most recently) is both a social and IT issue, and needs reporting in both IT and sociology publications.
This is good if...
- You don't think IBM software / hardware is expensive enoug as it is
- You wan to tell your grand children that you also went to strike once
- You don't want to let the Koreans be the first to do a real strike in Sadville
- You work for an IBM competitor
Another thing missing
Insert inevitable rant about how it's not Sadville but Second Life, as if we cared.
There's a union in Italy called EMF?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops