AMD has rolled out a new graphics card to fill a gap beneath its current top-of-the-line ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT. PowerColor's AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro PowerColor's HD 2900 Pro: GDDR 4 capable The ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro's 320 unified Stream processors are clocked at 600MHz, down from the 2900 XT's 740MHz. Its 512MB of GDDR 3 …
Can I have one?
My PC has just the one PCIe slot, and its the one at the top. These newer double slot cards look like they need the second to top slot being PCIe, with the one above needing nothing but the vents at the back... So, can I put one of these in or not? Yes, I am a complete noob at these kind of things, my current graphics card is about as complex as a stick of RAM. Put in slot, turn on, image is on screen. Yay!
With Reg hardware having the whole Q&A theme these days I thought I might as well ask here! Thanks if you can tip me off ;-)
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action