China is planning to build a fourth spaceport, or rocket launch pad, in line with its ever-expanding space exploration ambitions. The construction will begin on the southern island of Hainan, in the town of Wenchang, roughly 40 miles south of the province's capital Haikou, according to state news agency Xinhua. The plans call …
All I want to know is
Will this complete the thunderbirds set or is there more to come?
re: all i want to know is
Thunderbird 5 is a space station... watch the skies ;-)
Good choice of site
> low-latitude and geographic proximity to the Equator
Good job they managed to find somewhere with both attributes, rather than just one or the other...
Could have gone higher
If they'd put it beside those new glaciers, it would be a bit closer to Space. Ergo less fuel required to get there. Good for Global Warming.
I saw this a few days ago and I wonder what a Chinese space theme park would consist of.
A lot of Hello Kitty plush toys in spacesuits.....???
BTW the Chinese are using synergistic thinking. They already have the Miss Universe contests there, so why not a space theme park for the letched out punters afterwards ?? :-)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...