back to article Human or Hobbit: it is all in the wrist

A fresh analysis of the fossilised skeleton that sparked the Hobbit controversy, has provided more evidence to support the claim that Homo floresiensis is a new species of hominid, the Guardian reports, and not a diseased human with a shrunken and malformed brain. The skeleton was found on the Indonesian island of Flores back …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Both could be correct

"One group of people are going to be 100% wrong in what they have said, which is a situation that is rare in science."

Maybe it's a new-to-science hominid that was suffering from microcephaly. Then both sides are at least part right.

Maybe ...

... they found the ancestors of Pat Robertson and the Kansas Board of Education? *They* have evolutionarily small brains, are of little stature, and generally cause disagreements when common sense seems to say otherwise too.

Piffle!

They're all wrong. The bones were put there by God to test our faith! Don't you people ever read the news?

History again

asking a group of scientists to review a theory is like asking a bunch of cops to review the law.

@Leo Maxwell

Huh? Its called the Scientific Method: publish your evidence and allow the scientific community to evaluate your theory, data and conclusions until a conclusive consensus is reached. That conclusion is then agreed to be the "correct" one until further evidence comes along to force a revision.

Nothing unusual here - its how science works. Sadly, "the media" doesn't understand that so thinks that scientists arguing shows that the science is wrong.

Silver badge

@Boldman

Don't worry, the people won't understand either.

Still, what will be easy to remember is that "it's all in the wrist".

Right, I've got my coat . .

Anonymous Coward

Soul-searching

They'll need to excavate the creature's soul to convince me - and then ask it if was aware of its previous existence? Time to bring in Colin Fry....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums