SAP has crashed Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference with its own event, trumpeting its long-awaited on-demand business applications challenger. But despite years in the development labs, SAP failed to deliver a knockout blow. It talked up the importance of its own on-demand service - and the shortcomings of Salesforce …
Who the hell is SAP ?
...same goes for SaaS .
RE: WTH is SAP
I've worked as an extensions developer on SAP for a couple years now. This kind of thing is typical...They sell first, deliver later (if at all). Their business software does everything in theory, but it really doesn't do anything in practice. A standard ERP system costs millions to install (a few million for the software itself, tens or hundreds of millions for the armies of consultants required), and after you're done, you feel like you've somehow taken a big step backwards.
If you think Microsoft puts out crappy products and has shady business practices, give SAP a go and you'll think Microsoft is headed by Mother Teresa.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why