Supermicro is showing off a new ultra quiet and low energy server blade at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco this week. Uncharacteristically lacking a "super" prefix in its name, the OfficeBlade is designed for offices, departmental computing and — we venture this category is a bit more narrow — personal supercomputing …
yeah its fine for the office, just like having a 1.5KW electic heater on in the corner.. does it come with an external heat exchanger & hose?
A stealth freight train
lessee, 50db...that's not exactly a whisper, it is more common for midrange gaming rig fans.
so 10 devices producing 50db each, eating a combined 1500W.
if this will truly be a "personal" technology in your office, yeah, just sits there in a corner, no one will notice a thing. and you thought your datacenter was noisy and had cooling problems.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence