back to article NASA trolls web for wannabe astronauts

In its search for new astronauts, NASA has turned to the web. For the first time in almost thirty years, the cash-strapped, Google-loving bureaucrats are looking for men and women to ride into space on a U.S. craft other than the Shuttle - so they've posted a notice to Usajobs.com, "your one-stop source for federal jobs and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

An equal opportunity employer

Do you have a friend or relative who make a valuable addition to the Black Mesa team? Immediate openings are available in the areas of "Materials Handling" and "Low Clearance Security." Please contact Black Mesa personnel for further information. If you have an associate with a background in the areas of "Theoretical Physics," "Biotechnology," or other high-tech disciplines, please contact our civilian recruitment division. The Black Mesa Research Facility is an equal-opportunity employer.

2. E

Aaahhh...

I dunno 'bout this "set foot on the moon 12 years from now" crap.

But if they want to fire me off on a 12 year round trip to Barnard's star, starting in 12 months, then we can talk.

Go large or go home, I say.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Moon Landing

Going to the moon is so 60's. We should be on Mars by now.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If space travel is ever to become routine

they're going to have to test its effect on the average person. I will be happy to volunteer, as being 40 pounds overweight makes me fairly representative.

5. Stuart Tomlinson

12 years?

thought it would take 50 years to get to Barnard's star using project daedulus tech?

6. Matt

Hyperspace

If you're going to Barnard's Star, just hitch a lift from the Vogons... you'd be there in minutes.

7. Graham Marsden

Hyperspace...?

@Matt

Provided you don't get chucked out of an airlock or have the Vogon Captain read poetry at you first...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like