NEC of America is rolling out the first product based on its HYDRAstor grid storage platform this week, offering a high-tier system for businesses looking to cram backup and archive data into a single system. With the HYDRAstor HS8, the company aims to contend as a heavyweight in the external storage marketplace. NEC is outing …
was going to get one for my basement datacenter, but had a rethink. it would quadruple the utility bill for the house.
And a couple weeks ago I thought that the 12TB FC array that I was playing with at work was neat. I guess there is always someone out there that will one-up my toys... (So it isn't really my toy, or a toy at all. Once there is any data on it I doubt that I'll even be allowed to look at it funny.)
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook