NEC of America is rolling out the first product based on its HYDRAstor grid storage platform this week, offering a high-tier system for businesses looking to cram backup and archive data into a single system. With the HYDRAstor HS8, the company aims to contend as a heavyweight in the external storage marketplace. NEC is outing …
was going to get one for my basement datacenter, but had a rethink. it would quadruple the utility bill for the house.
And a couple weeks ago I thought that the 12TB FC array that I was playing with at work was neat. I guess there is always someone out there that will one-up my toys... (So it isn't really my toy, or a toy at all. Once there is any data on it I doubt that I'll even be allowed to look at it funny.)
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire