NEC of America is rolling out the first product based on its HYDRAstor grid storage platform this week, offering a high-tier system for businesses looking to cram backup and archive data into a single system. With the HYDRAstor HS8, the company aims to contend as a heavyweight in the external storage marketplace. NEC is outing …
was going to get one for my basement datacenter, but had a rethink. it would quadruple the utility bill for the house.
And a couple weeks ago I thought that the 12TB FC array that I was playing with at work was neat. I guess there is always someone out there that will one-up my toys... (So it isn't really my toy, or a toy at all. Once there is any data on it I doubt that I'll even be allowed to look at it funny.)
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence