British boffins are developing a mechanical, mole-like robotic system which could dig its way through debris or rubble. The technology could be used to build burrowing rescue machines able to retrieve people trapped by collapsing buildings or tunnels. New Scientist reports that the men behind the new kit are Robin Scott and …
You know what they need, don't you?
They need to get Gerry Anderson involved!
Isn't he already busy helping the Russians build Moonbase Alpha - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/31/russians_on_moon_by_2025/
well, theres a minute of my life i wont be getting back. what an incredibly boring video. Anyway, wouldnt some kind of tracked arrangement work better for digging? Sort of like a tank but with tracks all over the sides and top and tapering at the ends of the machine? this thing looks pretty flimsy and useless ...
RE: Gerry Anderson
Every Thunderbird fans knows that the show is set in the year 2065. So we have a few more years to wait beforewe get the "mole", TB2, etc.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks