Yahoo! is to pay roughly $350m for Zimbra, a San Mateo, California company that specializes in open-source email and collaboration software. It looks like Yahoo! plans to use Zimbra's new-age Exchange competitor to "expand its presence" in universities, businesses, and ISPs. "Zimbra's tremendous talent and innovative technology …
So this means that 6 months after acquiring Zimbra, they'll go dumb and rebrand it into Yahoo! Enterprise Mail or something as stupid as that and screw up the product.
Bah. And a decent product that is, unlike Konfabulator which looks nice but isn't that good though.
Georgia Tech is not a university
It's Georgia Institute of Technology, actually.
wasn't the Talking Heads song called I Zimba? Without the R?
"But unlike Exchange, the AJAX-based suite serves things up to ordinary web browsers."
Like Exchange's Outlook Web Access does, you mean?
"wasn't the Talking Heads song called I Zimba? Without the R?"
Don't! Ever! Stop! Doing! This! =D
OWA is very cludgy to use. I've never used Zimbra, but it'd better be easier to use, seeing as OWA is an afterthought for Microsoft.
Well well well - I went and checked my CD collection and I was wrong all along. Thanks Reg and thanks Mark Richards for helping me know more about my own CD collection.
When I saw the headline I assumed it would be "Road to Nowhere".
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it