The Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Pentagon death-boffin hothouse where ideas don't have to be mad to get funding but it doesn't hurt either, has issued a new request for proposals. This time, the groundbreaking military gambler-profs are after hugely more flexible ion engines for use in spacecraft. In …
They should installed Twin Ion Engines for effectiveness
then they need only a really large artificial satellite, and a man with a deep voice and a black cloak....
Cheney needs to get somewhere in a hurry?
George wouldn't be bright enough
Have ion drives for maintaining position over target and standard chem drives for moving into position - will still have a limited shelf life but won't be as bad as current incarnations.
Bundle with it a measure for in-flight refuelling and you've got a long running spy bird.
No prob, whack a few positive electrons up close to light speed and they wont need any propelant. Or clone their bloody president and have all the propelant they could ever need in the form of high velocity bull$hit.
Sure.. you dont want any of the negative little buggers. Every man and his dog has them. ;)
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer