Amidst a scandal over alleged contracting abuses, Sun Microsystems has canceled its multiple awards schedule contract with the General Services Administration. The GSA establishes long-term government-wide contracts to provide IT supplies at prices companies offer commercial customers. For several months, Sun has been under …
Much of Sun's U.S. Government sales go through resellers
Sun often fulfills U.S. Government sales through resellers who have their own GSA contracts, so Sun losing its direct GSA contract may not be that big of a deal.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star