A record label which uses Creative Commons licences and allows consumers to choose how much they pay for music is focusing on streaming music because its downloading business has dipped dramatically. Magnatune founder John Buckman told technology law podcast OUT-LAW Radio that the company would soon release streaming products …
So they were charging for downloads/CDs while offering free streams, and finding that people were choosing to stream. What an unexpected trend. Sure justifies the "who needs downloads" conclusion.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders