A record label which uses Creative Commons licences and allows consumers to choose how much they pay for music is focusing on streaming music because its downloading business has dipped dramatically. Magnatune founder John Buckman told technology law podcast OUT-LAW Radio that the company would soon release streaming products …
So they were charging for downloads/CDs while offering free streams, and finding that people were choosing to stream. What an unexpected trend. Sure justifies the "who needs downloads" conclusion.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support