German police have arrested ten people suspected of running a phishing scam designed to raid the contents of online bank accounts that netted hundreds of thousands of euros. The group, including two women, were cuffed by officers from Germany's Federal Crime Office (BKA) over allegations they distributed Trojan code designed to …
Crime only pays if you're smarter than a brick
These ten were idiots. You don't use the Internet - a world-wide communications network - to scam people in your own country. Even the bloody Nigerians are smarter than that.
If you want to sit in Germany and scam people, scam the Chinese. Their government can't touch you (unless you're stupid enough to visit Tiananmen Square), and Western governments won't cooperate. Well, except for George W. Bush, who admires the Chinese method of dealing with dissidents.
And there's your IT angle, you gits - this was an *INTERNET* scam. So bugger off, there's a good lot.
Would be cool to give the technical minds amongst them a choice: jail for 10 years, or some good jobs and take all their money above minimum wage for compensation for 10 years. Talk about community service. The rest can be just jailed.
".........jail for 10 years, or some good jobs and take all their money above minimum wage for compensation for 10 years."
A sort of "Work makes you free" / slave labour idea? Can't see the Germans going for that one somehow..........:-O
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws