A year ago, hardly a week went by without news of a major municipal wireless project in the US, supporting free or subsidized access and a host of shiny business models. Now hardly a week goes by without news of the death of one of these plans. The San Francisco roll-out, the poster child for the free Wi-Fi movement, largely …
Municipal Wi-Fi rollout in Paris
Over the summer, the Paris city hall has installed around four hundred wireless access points spread over two hundred and sixty public sites: parks, libraries, museums. This free service went ahead despite a complaint lodged by the operator Orange
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops