A year ago, hardly a week went by without news of a major municipal wireless project in the US, supporting free or subsidized access and a host of shiny business models. Now hardly a week goes by without news of the death of one of these plans. The San Francisco roll-out, the poster child for the free Wi-Fi movement, largely …
Municipal Wi-Fi rollout in Paris
Over the summer, the Paris city hall has installed around four hundred wireless access points spread over two hundred and sixty public sites: parks, libraries, museums. This free service went ahead despite a complaint lodged by the operator Orange
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods