The IT industry is in danger of becoming an unnecessary apologist for environmental woes caused by the equipment it sells. While there is certainly room for improvement in the way IT procurement and infrastructure is managed, this must not be overshadowed by the more positive aspects that good use of IT can make to the overall …
no no what we really need is the latest greatest supercomputer sucking hundreds of watts to run the latest greatest desktop eye candy and tasks of computational complexity easily solved by a typewriter.
Did you by any chance check out the conversion factor of Horsepower to Watts when you got in your SUV this morning?
As I see it 1 KW = 1.34 horsepower.
Hmmmmm, let me see how your 250 bhp SUV works out the other way ;)
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE