The IT industry is in danger of becoming an unnecessary apologist for environmental woes caused by the equipment it sells. While there is certainly room for improvement in the way IT procurement and infrastructure is managed, this must not be overshadowed by the more positive aspects that good use of IT can make to the overall …
no no what we really need is the latest greatest supercomputer sucking hundreds of watts to run the latest greatest desktop eye candy and tasks of computational complexity easily solved by a typewriter.
Did you by any chance check out the conversion factor of Horsepower to Watts when you got in your SUV this morning?
As I see it 1 KW = 1.34 horsepower.
Hmmmmm, let me see how your 250 bhp SUV works out the other way ;)
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion