Cap Gemini is to start flogging Google Apps to its big corporate customers. The package of office applications, Google Apps Premier Edition, includes spreadsheets, documents, calendar, Gmail, instant messenger and VoIP and is delivered as a service over the internet. The software as a service (SaaS) market is predicted to grow …
Not so much of a surprise
When you consider that the largest FM company in the world can't even migrate it's own internal systems to a new operating system without having to get external consultants to help it, it's no wonder they're looking to Google to provide them with application support.
Most of CG's work is outsourced to smaller companies. So if you're buying from CG they don't have the inhouse skills to do the job most of the time - just management to hoover up the cash!
For future reference it's Capgemini not Cap Gemini.
For future reference, it should be Crapgemini - much less pretentious
I have worked for Capgemini for about 10 years. During that time, I've seen announcements for several "strategic alliances" like this.
*None* of them have actually lead to significant sales.
My prediction: Capgemini will not sell any Google apps for the next three years.
I have worked for crapgemini for a number of years. I was just wondering where the additional work would be going.....
Mumbi or Poland?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes