The European Commission has announced a review of the regulations that compel telcos to provide public call boxes that could lead to them being scrapped. The move will be celebrated at BT, which has been lobbying for years to scale back its public latrine maintenance business. Ofcom last published the results of a consultation …
You can be just like the US....
... where all the pay phones have basically vanished in the past 5 years.
Of course *we* blame it on the "war on drugs" as we can't be having those nasty drug dealers making phone calls. Why, they just might be forced to buy a cell phone.
I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest