Denon has confirmed to Register Hardware that any European consumers hoping to snap-up its first Blu-ray Disc player before Christmas will have to wait a while longer. The 3800BDCI player is now scheduled for release at some point in 2008, rather than the November 2007 timeframe Denon originally quoted. Denon_bluray Denon's …
No matter when it's released, it's still Blu-Ray, and it's still hobbled with Technology Users' Rights Denial Systems, aka TURDS (called "DRM" by the Marketing people, because who would knowingly buy anything with TURDS in and then put it in their home?).
HD-DVD suffers the same problem.
I'll wait for a TURDS-free format, thanks.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes