Denon has confirmed to Register Hardware that any European consumers hoping to snap-up its first Blu-ray Disc player before Christmas will have to wait a while longer. The 3800BDCI player is now scheduled for release at some point in 2008, rather than the November 2007 timeframe Denon originally quoted. Denon_bluray Denon's …
No matter when it's released, it's still Blu-Ray, and it's still hobbled with Technology Users' Rights Denial Systems, aka TURDS (called "DRM" by the Marketing people, because who would knowingly buy anything with TURDS in and then put it in their home?).
HD-DVD suffers the same problem.
I'll wait for a TURDS-free format, thanks.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods