Toshiba has taken the wraps off a new hard drive recording technology it claims will dramatically increase the capacity of the 1.8in drives used in portable media players like Apple's newly announced iPod Classic. Dubbed Discrete Track Recording (DTR), the technique, as its name suggests, separates out parallel magnetic data- …
Is it just me...
...or have they shone more light on to the new HDD than on the older one.
Is this similar to the structure used in DVD-RAM then? Seem to remember a similar reflective pattern anyway!
The only surprise...
... is that they didn't think of this earlier. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.
Here's to doing it right in the first place!!!
and not giving it a new name each time you get closer to what should already be the norm!
I the manufacturers could just work out how to reduce the production cost of uber fast solid state memory harddrives would be BetaMax!!!
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix