Toshiba has taken the wraps off a new hard drive recording technology it claims will dramatically increase the capacity of the 1.8in drives used in portable media players like Apple's newly announced iPod Classic. Dubbed Discrete Track Recording (DTR), the technique, as its name suggests, separates out parallel magnetic data- …
Is it just me...
...or have they shone more light on to the new HDD than on the older one.
Is this similar to the structure used in DVD-RAM then? Seem to remember a similar reflective pattern anyway!
The only surprise...
... is that they didn't think of this earlier. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.
Here's to doing it right in the first place!!!
and not giving it a new name each time you get closer to what should already be the norm!
I the manufacturers could just work out how to reduce the production cost of uber fast solid state memory harddrives would be BetaMax!!!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2