Toshiba has taken the wraps off a new hard drive recording technology it claims will dramatically increase the capacity of the 1.8in drives used in portable media players like Apple's newly announced iPod Classic. Dubbed Discrete Track Recording (DTR), the technique, as its name suggests, separates out parallel magnetic data- …
Is it just me...
...or have they shone more light on to the new HDD than on the older one.
Is this similar to the structure used in DVD-RAM then? Seem to remember a similar reflective pattern anyway!
The only surprise...
... is that they didn't think of this earlier. Of course hindsight is always 20/20.
Here's to doing it right in the first place!!!
and not giving it a new name each time you get closer to what should already be the norm!
I the manufacturers could just work out how to reduce the production cost of uber fast solid state memory harddrives would be BetaMax!!!
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes