Yahoo! users are urged to upgrade their instant messaging software following the discovery of a brace of security vulnerabilities - the second set of serious security flaws involving Yahoo! Messenger in as many weeks. The latest security bugs both stem from stack-based buffer overflow flaws in the YVerInfo.dll ActiveX control. …
Shouldn't the title be:-
Yahoo! battered! by! second! ActiveX! vulnerability! ?
Yahoo! doesn't! learn!
Lesson! is! stop! using! activeX!
ActiveX? Ewww. Don't get any on me.
Y!M isn't using ActiveX in the OS X version, surely they can do without it under Windows?
... And if you are running Windows it's yet another reason to use a third-party instant messenger. You know, one that doesn't have quite so much stupid in it.
Everyone knows that...
...ActiveX gives you teh cancer!
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads