Yahoo! users are urged to upgrade their instant messaging software following the discovery of a brace of security vulnerabilities - the second set of serious security flaws involving Yahoo! Messenger in as many weeks. The latest security bugs both stem from stack-based buffer overflow flaws in the YVerInfo.dll ActiveX control. …
Shouldn't the title be:-
Yahoo! battered! by! second! ActiveX! vulnerability! ?
Yahoo! doesn't! learn!
Lesson! is! stop! using! activeX!
ActiveX? Ewww. Don't get any on me.
Y!M isn't using ActiveX in the OS X version, surely they can do without it under Windows?
... And if you are running Windows it's yet another reason to use a third-party instant messenger. You know, one that doesn't have quite so much stupid in it.
Everyone knows that...
...ActiveX gives you teh cancer!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS