back to article 'Queen of Mean' leaves mutt $12m

Property billionaire Leona Helmsley - aka the "Queen of Mean", and who died earlier this month aged 87 - has left her pet dog $12m while bequeathing sweet FA to two of her grandchildren, the Telegraph reports. The late moneybags' mutt, a white Maltese named Trouble, described as "a former Helmsley advertising star and a dog …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another

Another sour old overprivileged twat bites the dust. And the world becomes a little better for it.

2. David Forney

Update:

Trouble was pulled over last night in Malibu and arrested on suspicion of drunk driving. Trouble was wearing no panties (pics should be up soon) and is reported to have had a small amount of cocaine, half a steak, and a keylime pie in a little paper bag. Her boyfriend, Kevin Federline, told reporters "I don't want no more Trouble, yo".

- Courtesy the Leejo reporting agency at TG-News

3. Steven Moore

Consider this...

That dog is worth more than Michael Vick!

4. Steven Moore

Consider this...

That dog is worth more than Michael Vick!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The brother looking after the mutt...

...is bidding on eBay for bricks and sacks

(and _there's_ your IT angle ;-)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The headline should read:

"Two future Paris Hiltons averted".

Giving inheritence to kids is garaunteed to fuck 'em up. Let the little buggers find their own way.

7. Mike Lovell

Pah

That's nothing, my dog is the Duke of Westminster. I look after things as regent though, as he is a dog after all.

I give him a good kicking every morning regular and clock work, much like this guy will probably administer.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bitch

I don't know if any of the laye night talk shows used this line, but as soon as I saw this I thought "so the money passed from one bitch to another."

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

am i the only one...

...who wonders how this actually works, legally? I mean, the dog is hardly able to speak for itself, make purchase decisions, write a will, etc - so doesn't the money essentially belong to the animal's guardian, with a few conditions imposed here and there?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eye on Springfield

I think we just found a real life Mr Burns, right down to a dog that bites employees.

Release the Hounds!!

11. Sceptical Bastard

Sod the legalities...

... I want to marry that dog!

12. Matt Thornton

Marry the dog...

@Sceptical Bastard: that's not such a crazy idea... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3004930.stm

...or ...let the dog bite you / crap on your shoes, and then sue it.

Or get your own dog to marry it (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1605321.html), divorce and get some form of canine alimony...

This topic is closed for new posts.