Feeds

back to article Vodafone cranks up 3G data rates for autumn

Vodafone will be pushing its HSDPA network to a possible 7.2Mb/sec download speed and introducing HSUPA to increase uploading to a possible 1.44Mb/sec, during the autumn as it tries to boost corporate data usage. HSUPA (High Speed Upload Packet Access) is the partner to HSDPA, and has been promised for a while. T-Mobile and 3 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Avoid integrated HSDPA cards..

So you buy a new laptop with a built in HSDPA card and then Vodafone come up with this. The article reckons "a couple of ExpressCards initially". Stick to USB modems I reckon... at least Dell are integrating 802.11n cards (for a modest premium).

Dell

Whatever advantage offered by the Dell is surely negated by the sheer fact of owning a Dell though?

I do agree on ignoring integrated ones mind... the USB add on from Vodafone works great for me, on both Mac and PC

What's wrong with intergrated cards?

The 7.2Mb/sec is still using HSPDA, even if the intergrated HSDPA can't manage this speed now the only thing stopping it the firmware, and I would expect that they will release updated firmware allowing for the incrased speed.

This topic is closed for new posts.