Sun has announced the UltraSPARC T2, which it has dubbed the world's fastest commodity microprocessor. Formerly known as the "Niagara 2" project, the UltraSPARC T2 processor features eight cores and eight threads per core; dual, virtualizable, multithreaded 10 GBps Ethernet ports with built-in packet classification; eight …
Discretion : the better part of Niagara
We are intrigued too for a couple of reasons :
1) What (or who) persuaded those formerly discreet components to shed their prudence, and why?
2) Now that they have managed to infiltrate Niagara 2, will El Reg have a few more sources of inside information?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked