Sun has announced the UltraSPARC T2, which it has dubbed the world's fastest commodity microprocessor. Formerly known as the "Niagara 2" project, the UltraSPARC T2 processor features eight cores and eight threads per core; dual, virtualizable, multithreaded 10 GBps Ethernet ports with built-in packet classification; eight …
Discretion : the better part of Niagara
We are intrigued too for a couple of reasons :
1) What (or who) persuaded those formerly discreet components to shed their prudence, and why?
2) Now that they have managed to infiltrate Niagara 2, will El Reg have a few more sources of inside information?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning