Sun has announced the UltraSPARC T2, which it has dubbed the world's fastest commodity microprocessor. Formerly known as the "Niagara 2" project, the UltraSPARC T2 processor features eight cores and eight threads per core; dual, virtualizable, multithreaded 10 GBps Ethernet ports with built-in packet classification; eight …
Discretion : the better part of Niagara
We are intrigued too for a couple of reasons :
1) What (or who) persuaded those formerly discreet components to shed their prudence, and why?
2) Now that they have managed to infiltrate Niagara 2, will El Reg have a few more sources of inside information?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'