Sun has announced the UltraSPARC T2, which it has dubbed the world's fastest commodity microprocessor. Formerly known as the "Niagara 2" project, the UltraSPARC T2 processor features eight cores and eight threads per core; dual, virtualizable, multithreaded 10 GBps Ethernet ports with built-in packet classification; eight …
Discretion : the better part of Niagara
We are intrigued too for a couple of reasons :
1) What (or who) persuaded those formerly discreet components to shed their prudence, and why?
2) Now that they have managed to infiltrate Niagara 2, will El Reg have a few more sources of inside information?
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion