Queen guitarist Brian May will henceforth be known as Dr May, as the axe-slinger has finally been awarded his PhD. May presented his thesis, entitled Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, to the examining board at Imperial College, London, on 23 August. The academic scrutineers gave May a category two pass, which means …
punctuation is a wonderful thing
"Dr May, we salute you." - correct version in the article
dr may we salute you - incorrect version looking like a question to which the answer would probably be a resounding yes.
ah... fun with he English language.
We salute you
Sorry, but does the author realise that 'For Those About to Rock, We Salute You' is by the Aussie band AC/DC?
Perhaps for Dr May a rousing chorus of 'We Are The Champions' or, considering the nature of the qualification 'Now I'm Here'
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...