July saw a massive jump in online retail, with sales rising 80 per cent on last year to a new all-time high, according to e-tail industry body IMRG. The organisation's research indicates that UK online retail sales exceeded £4bn in a month for the first time. IMRG reports that online sales for July totalled £4.2bn, £1.86bn …
IMRG e-retailing stats
It might be worth noting the Daily Telegraph's comments on this organisation and its 'data'. 'Don't believe the hype...' says the Telegraph noting that IMRG are a 'self-appointed industry body for e-retailers'.
The data seems to have been extrapolated from a base of only 80-odd, mostly small retailers and IMRG won't even say who some of them are.
IMRG's claims in various areas are possibly worth some scrutiny before being accepted as approaching any known standards of accuracy.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace