A new acronym is being banded around the RFID world - that of RTLS. What is a real time location system (RTLS)? The simplest definition I have come across is that it is a system of finding the position of assets using active RFID tags. The tags broadcast a signal, which is received by three reader antennas. The time each signal …
Gathering Speed for Energy?
Wow... Sounds like the UltiMate PlayMate Locator.... or is that 42BSoftware Custom Ordered and Supplied? Discretion Guaranteed.
Whatever .... it is still a Major New Player with a Hook into ITs parlous Parlour Games.
The House has many Mansions though with Rooms that Please ...thus Games A'Plenty for All.
125Khz - very old
"The choke point feature is a unique capability currently. All the AeroScout tags are dual in that they have a built-in passive tag exciter which works at 125 KHz."
Doesn't sound very unique to me - HID Corporation have been selling 125Khz personnel access cards for about, ooh, 25 years I reckon. It's about as bog standard a badge reader can be.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up