AMD has today rolled out a fresh top-of-the-line mainstream desktop dual-core processor and - bizarrely - extended the same Athlon 64 X2 family into the mobile market. The new desktop part is the 6400+, clocked at 3.2GHz, fitted with 2MB of L2 cache and priced at $251, as previously forecast. The 6400+ is available to buy in …
Seems to me that the Mobile Athlon X2 should have been called a Sempron X2, since Semprons always had lower cache, and the Athlon X2 range was always the mainstream chip, not the budget orientated.
The TK-53 has been listed on Wikipedia for a while although it wasn't labeled as Athlon X2.
Can't see much improvement in these 65nm chips over the 90nm equivalents anyway.
3.2GHz as stock. I wonder what you could overclock it to?
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things