AMD has today rolled out a fresh top-of-the-line mainstream desktop dual-core processor and - bizarrely - extended the same Athlon 64 X2 family into the mobile market. The new desktop part is the 6400+, clocked at 3.2GHz, fitted with 2MB of L2 cache and priced at $251, as previously forecast. The 6400+ is available to buy in …
Seems to me that the Mobile Athlon X2 should have been called a Sempron X2, since Semprons always had lower cache, and the Athlon X2 range was always the mainstream chip, not the budget orientated.
The TK-53 has been listed on Wikipedia for a while although it wasn't labeled as Athlon X2.
Can't see much improvement in these 65nm chips over the 90nm equivalents anyway.
3.2GHz as stock. I wonder what you could overclock it to?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM