back to article Click here for the UK's highest-paid IT post

The server technical analysts among you who could do with a bit of extra cash are directed forthwith to recruiting firm Elan, which is making an offer you really can't refuse: Elan offers Senior Server Technical Analyst post at £5k-£10k per hour Crikey. We'll leave you to do the maths on the annual salary for this demanding …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lol :)

I knew it.... I am badly paid.

I'm resigning

2. Sam

IR35

Being paid that much is all fine and dandy... but if the contract isn't IR35 safe then I ain't signing

3. ian

But it's in Scotland

I think they need to up their rate a bit

4. Ian Ferguson

Severs?

If I knew what a Sever Technical Analyst was, I'd sign up in an instant. As it is, I'm guessing something to do with examining the corpses of henchmen after some hero Samurai or other has decapitated them. Probably not worth the money.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re Severs?

Gives a whole new meaning to head-hunting, doesn't it?

6. John Warlow

£100,000 ph for examining Samurai decapitated bodies

Where do I sign?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Scotland

But if they put a case of Irn Bru* a month into the deal I might consider it. If I can work from London four days a week to compensate.

Bob

*Irn Bru: The Champagne of Scotland

8. Chris Morrison

A colleague just pointed out to me...

Possibly the worst email address in the world

14792d27.1@jobs.elanit.co.uk

Do you think they need an IT guy to sort out the mess with their email addresses?

Anybody else wondering if Scotlands EuroMillions winner is bankrolling this post!?

Chris

9. John Miles

pay range of 20 to 1

got to just be an agent looking for CVs ;)

10. amanfromMars Silver badge

Full Speed Ahead Cap'n

An Elegant Phishing Trip with a Juicy Lucy, 419 Jewel in its own Ad ..... which may have some thinking Scam. If any needs such a bod, they invariably have prescanned the Markets to receive Targetting for Acquisition and Deployment.

http://jobsearch.monsterscotland.co.uk/getjob.asp?JobID=61015523

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trainees!!

My guess is that they were teaching a new member of staff how to post new jobs on their webby and he got just a little over exctied :)

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hope their client gets rid of...

...the agent/agency for what is such a random unfocused summary and a blatent lack of respect for the people they provide a service to.

Oh, silly me it's a recruitment agency! That's fine then. Let them take about 20-30% commission for doing nothing and not paying attention to detail...

I kow the general theme is to laugh it off, but they really need to sharpen their game.

13. Christopher Cramp

Recruitment agents

Don't you just love to hate them

14. Dillon Pyron

I'll take it

I probably wouldn't last a week before they figured out I was a poser, but I think I could survive on the pay for a couple more weeks. Say 780 of them (until I turn 66 1/2).

Ooops, that's pounds, not dollars. Make that 1560 weeks (until I'm 81, or dead, whichever comes first).

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cowboys...

...yee-haw!

Typical example of the rubbish quality and lack of attention to detail that prevails in the contract agency industry.

I'm so glad to be out of the contracting game -- 17 years was more than enough hassle dealing with the administrative equivalent of 'script kiddies' AKA recruitment consultants.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RBoS rates

RBoS (for that is certainly the client) contractor rates have always been good but that looks like a PM rate not an Analyst one...

17. Dillon Pyron

Reged

Well, I've seen sites slash dotted, but this is the first one I've seen that's been Reged.

We're sorry. This posting has been removed and is no longer available for viewing.

18. A. Merkin

I Got the Job!

I was the only candidate who met the "7+ years of Windows Vista experience" requirement. Unfortunately I only got the 5,000/hr rate, not the full 100,000. :(

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Dillon - it's still up

Yes, still there and still very badly wrong.

I've known some rubbish vague agency ads in my time but this is just plain shoddy work. As said above, they deserve to have the job pulled if they can't be bothered to take it seriously. Probably find they can't read or vet the applications either.

So if a swinging, bondage-loving glazier who keeps his little black book busy were to apply on the ground of having experience of installing windows, S&M, doing exchanges and having an active directory, do you think they would forward his CV?

20. amanfromMars Silver badge

Quantum Communications Networks InterNetworking ........ ?

"So if a swinging, bondage-loving glazier who keeps his little black book busy were to apply on the ground of having experience of installing windows, S&M, doing exchanges and having an active directory, do you think they would forward his CV?"

The SMARTer Ones will log IT into their own Black Books, for Private and Personal InterNetworking Use.

21. |333173|3|_||3

Payment

You only need to poses these products (or presumably a licence to them), it says nothing about ever having nay experience using them, or even opening the box and accepting the shrink-wrap agreement. I would therefore suggest buying unopened copies of each (NT4 may be herd to find), and if you don't get the job, returning them for a full refund.

At he lowest hourly rate, assuming a mere 35 hour week, working 48 weeks a year, that gives you GBP 7 200 000. At the upper end, assuming the same number of hours, you get GBP 168M pa. I knew analysts were always over-payed, but it looks like I am studying the wrong subject. Since the CIO and CEO of this company would both be payed more than an analyst, I wonder how much they make.

22. frankgobbo

Not good enough

I don't get out of bed for less than 200k per hour these days

23. Charley

Title @ |333173|3|_||3

Bugger just checked. NT 3.51 on the shelf here, not 4.

Sorry I can't help you there.

24. Ben W

Typo......

£5,000 to £10,000 an hour

Obviously the person who wrote the advert is getting paid too much too!

This topic is closed for new posts.