Yahoo Messenger users beware: Your mother was right when she told you not to chat with strangers. A newly discovered zero-day vulnerability in the widely-used chat program proves this was sound advice. According to a blog entry by McAfee, company researchers have been able to confirm a report on a Chinese language security …
would that be "pro"fessing?
Would that be "professing" rather than "confessing"?
Not the first time.
I don't know why when a bug is found on Yahoo! and publicly announced people are still surprised. Only a few years ago we could run around yahoo chat rooms without a care in the world, viewing webcams without permission, logging in as anyone we wanted, flooding people with millions of IMs all from different people. Their development team are pathetic and doesn't look like it's ever going to change!
Presumably the open source Gaim/Pidgin Yahoo! IM! client is not affected ...
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook