Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne refuses to believe that technology doesn't matter. The outspoken CEO watched as his computer systems crumbled in 2005, resulting in a customer service nightmare. Then, he watched data warehousing specialist Teradata barge into his computing center and save the day. Before Overstock.com's IT …
BI to the rescue?
This story is surely more to do with how painful (Oracle) ERP implementations can be, rather than how good Teradata is? BI saved the day, and not Teradata specifically.
A significant piece that's missing is that overstock.com is Teradata's poster child for it's move to 64bit Linux away from 32bit MP-RAS (NCR's Unix).
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft