Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne refuses to believe that technology doesn't matter. The outspoken CEO watched as his computer systems crumbled in 2005, resulting in a customer service nightmare. Then, he watched data warehousing specialist Teradata barge into his computing center and save the day. Before Overstock.com's IT …
BI to the rescue?
This story is surely more to do with how painful (Oracle) ERP implementations can be, rather than how good Teradata is? BI saved the day, and not Teradata specifically.
A significant piece that's missing is that overstock.com is Teradata's poster child for it's move to 64bit Linux away from 32bit MP-RAS (NCR's Unix).
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE