Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne refuses to believe that technology doesn't matter. The outspoken CEO watched as his computer systems crumbled in 2005, resulting in a customer service nightmare. Then, he watched data warehousing specialist Teradata barge into his computing center and save the day. Before Overstock.com's IT …
BI to the rescue?
This story is surely more to do with how painful (Oracle) ERP implementations can be, rather than how good Teradata is? BI saved the day, and not Teradata specifically.
A significant piece that's missing is that overstock.com is Teradata's poster child for it's move to 64bit Linux away from 32bit MP-RAS (NCR's Unix).
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)