Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne refuses to believe that technology doesn't matter. The outspoken CEO watched as his computer systems crumbled in 2005, resulting in a customer service nightmare. Then, he watched data warehousing specialist Teradata barge into his computing center and save the day. Before Overstock.com's IT …
BI to the rescue?
This story is surely more to do with how painful (Oracle) ERP implementations can be, rather than how good Teradata is? BI saved the day, and not Teradata specifically.
A significant piece that's missing is that overstock.com is Teradata's poster child for it's move to 64bit Linux away from 32bit MP-RAS (NCR's Unix).
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- HTML5 vs native: Harry Coder and the mudblood mobile app princes