If you're worried about potentially flammable notebook batteries, or perhaps if you aren't, then have you considered a fuel cell-powered laptop? Samsung has unveiled its latest prototype 'battery', which it claims can run for up to eight hours a day for one month, without any recharge. The Direct Methanol Fuel Cell, recently …
650 Watt hours/L, with total energy storage of 12,000Wh.
Seriously, who would want to carry around 18 Litres of Methanol?
Whatever they do...
Don't let Sony safety-test them!
Can you imagine trying to get a fuel cell through airport security!!!
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat