If you're worried about potentially flammable notebook batteries, or perhaps if you aren't, then have you considered a fuel cell-powered laptop? Samsung has unveiled its latest prototype 'battery', which it claims can run for up to eight hours a day for one month, without any recharge. The Direct Methanol Fuel Cell, recently …
650 Watt hours/L, with total energy storage of 12,000Wh.
Seriously, who would want to carry around 18 Litres of Methanol?
Whatever they do...
Don't let Sony safety-test them!
Can you imagine trying to get a fuel cell through airport security!!!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'