If you're worried about potentially flammable notebook batteries, or perhaps if you aren't, then have you considered a fuel cell-powered laptop? Samsung has unveiled its latest prototype 'battery', which it claims can run for up to eight hours a day for one month, without any recharge. The Direct Methanol Fuel Cell, recently …
650 Watt hours/L, with total energy storage of 12,000Wh.
Seriously, who would want to carry around 18 Litres of Methanol?
Whatever they do...
Don't let Sony safety-test them!
Can you imagine trying to get a fuel cell through airport security!!!
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370