Batteries continue to be a hot topic for Sony, but not in a good way. Toshiba American Information Systems has announced the recall of some 1,400 Sony batteries used in its Satellite and Tecra notebook range. The warning states that the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries can, as usual, overheat and pose a fire hazard to …
Time to redesign the damn battery or the manufacturing
process this is just too much stupid to be a temporary
flaw in fabrication like not enough of something in bin
1 or too much allowed on batch 13 it's a real problem
what do they get out of these recalls that they want to
Has anyone been keeping count?
What's the sum total of all the batteries that have been recalled? Anyone kept count?
Li-Ion is fundamentally unstable anyway.
It's a minor detail that people generally don't talk about - if you overcharge a Li-Ion (or Li-Po) cell, it is very likely to "Vent with flame".
Short-circuits can have the same effect as well!
Inside every commercially-available Li-Ion battery pack there is a charge-monitor IC and thermal fuse system that tries to prevent this - that "Fuel Gauge" on your laptop isn't only there for your convenience - it's there to protect your loins as well!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email