Having spent three years trying to get purchase on Oracle's mighty database business, EnterpriseDB is embracing Web 2.0 developers with a bundled version of Postgres. EnterpriseDB - whose existing database product is a version of Posgres that's sold under a commercial license and that the company claims is compatible with …
EnterpriseDB and BSD
> The database retains its BSD license so it's free to download
Really? Their price list says source is not included - at best, it's escrowed.
GridSQL is rehashed Extendb and it doesn't work
This is a totally weak vaporware thing. They bought a single developer that made a java front end called Extendb that doesn’t even work. Why not check out CJDBC while you are at it.
If you want to download it (gridsql) go here:
Note that when you click on www.extendb.com you are redirected to edb’s website.
I’m so sick of vendor claims without proof, where are the customers?
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates