Sharp has filed a lawsuit against Samsung Electronics for allegedly infringing its liquid crystal display patents. This row between the world's third and second biggest LCD TV makers respectively, could escalate as the Seoul-based company said it might countersue. Sharp alleges that Samsung has infringed five of its LCD-related …
Man, when is this going to stop? The PTO needs to stop giving out patents to anybody who has the fee.
I'm going to take out a full page ad in the Tyler Morning Telegraph (which I threw as a kid) explaining patent trolls. Let them find another jurisdiction. Then I'll do the same. etc, etc, etc.
There needs to be a penalty to dicourage frivolous patent claims
I reckon most of these patent disputes could be wiped out at a stroke if the law required a company that threatens to sue on a patent and either loses or withdraws the threat to pay the company they sued at least ten times the amount they stood to gain from the threat.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps