Sharp has filed a lawsuit against Samsung Electronics for allegedly infringing its liquid crystal display patents. This row between the world's third and second biggest LCD TV makers respectively, could escalate as the Seoul-based company said it might countersue. Sharp alleges that Samsung has infringed five of its LCD-related …
Man, when is this going to stop? The PTO needs to stop giving out patents to anybody who has the fee.
I'm going to take out a full page ad in the Tyler Morning Telegraph (which I threw as a kid) explaining patent trolls. Let them find another jurisdiction. Then I'll do the same. etc, etc, etc.
There needs to be a penalty to dicourage frivolous patent claims
I reckon most of these patent disputes could be wiped out at a stroke if the law required a company that threatens to sue on a patent and either loses or withdraws the threat to pay the company they sued at least ten times the amount they stood to gain from the threat.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)