Sharp has filed a lawsuit against Samsung Electronics for allegedly infringing its liquid crystal display patents. This row between the world's third and second biggest LCD TV makers respectively, could escalate as the Seoul-based company said it might countersue. Sharp alleges that Samsung has infringed five of its LCD-related …
Man, when is this going to stop? The PTO needs to stop giving out patents to anybody who has the fee.
I'm going to take out a full page ad in the Tyler Morning Telegraph (which I threw as a kid) explaining patent trolls. Let them find another jurisdiction. Then I'll do the same. etc, etc, etc.
There needs to be a penalty to dicourage frivolous patent claims
I reckon most of these patent disputes could be wiped out at a stroke if the law required a company that threatens to sue on a patent and either loses or withdraws the threat to pay the company they sued at least ten times the amount they stood to gain from the threat.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook