Sharp has filed a lawsuit against Samsung Electronics for allegedly infringing its liquid crystal display patents. This row between the world's third and second biggest LCD TV makers respectively, could escalate as the Seoul-based company said it might countersue. Sharp alleges that Samsung has infringed five of its LCD-related …
Man, when is this going to stop? The PTO needs to stop giving out patents to anybody who has the fee.
I'm going to take out a full page ad in the Tyler Morning Telegraph (which I threw as a kid) explaining patent trolls. Let them find another jurisdiction. Then I'll do the same. etc, etc, etc.
There needs to be a penalty to dicourage frivolous patent claims
I reckon most of these patent disputes could be wiped out at a stroke if the law required a company that threatens to sue on a patent and either loses or withdraws the threat to pay the company they sued at least ten times the amount they stood to gain from the threat.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich