Computer giant IBM has linked up with Novell to take a bite out of the open source application server market. The deal, which was announced at yesterday's opening of LinuxWorld in San Francisco, will see Novell deliver and support WebSphere Application Server Community Edition as part of Suse Linux Enterprise Server. IBM said …
Run that one past me again!!
*IBM* wants to offer business customers an alternative option to avoid them falling into high costs by relying on a single vendor such as Microsoft???
Running it past you again
Come on. IBM has been changing their act over the past couple of decades. They know where their strengths lie. And as long as you are not running their Z-servers they know you can switch any which way you want.
Re: Running it past you again
And it only took the loss of lots of customers when they tried to force people off OfficeVision/VM to Lotus Notes to make them realise that. Sigh.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS