What do you get if you take four galaxies and set them on a collision course? The biggest cosmic pile-up we earthlings have ever seen. Come back in a few million years and they will have formed a giant galaxy, roughly ten times the size of our puny Milky Way Four galaxies collide. Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/K. Rines ( …
Wasting billions of dollars in TWAT and FAG-W
And yet here is a clear indication of a sinister and overwhelming threat magnitudes more deadly than either chappati flour or indeed a degree or 2 (whatever happened to Ozone btw - did we fix it?)
Why are the governments not focussing on this as a major issue eh?
Of course this has happened, a very, very long time ago.
happening soon to us too
Something similar will happen to us soon - well, "soon" with respect to the lifespan of a galaxy. The Andromeda galaxy is currently hurtling towards us at 500,000 km/h and will collide with the Milky Way in only about 3 billion years time.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away
If it's 5 billion light years distant, then this has already happened 5 billion years ago and there is already a monster galaxy out there. In fact, it's probably swallowed another set of galaxies by now, especially as it's located in a cluster of galaxies.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015