back to article Sony recalls 350,000 cameras

Sony has announced a recall of 350,000 digital cameras. But there's no need to reach for your fire extinguisher, because this time the recall is focused on the metal casing of one model that has the potential to cut or scratch users. The problems surround the Cyber-shot DSC-T5 camera with serial numbers between 3500001 and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is this the real reason?

I think Sony has realised that you are able to freely upload photos to such sites a flickr without it screwing up your pc. Therefore they they are recalling them to add a rootkit to the flashcards and make sure photos can only diplayed on the camera and never copied to a pc or the internet.

2. heystoopid

Sony

Sony , the maker of defective products , can anyone expect any better?

3. Vernon Lloyd

Erm.....Maths issue

If the serial numbers 3500001 to 3574100 are being recalled then this is 74099 being recalled not 350000.

Still I am very suspisious for the REAL reason for the recall. My HP camera has got dents and bits missing of metal (Never let other peoples kids use your camera!) through 3 years of use and there are no sharp edges. Or have they just skimped on the design to save a few bucks.

Sony appear to be going downhill and I really wonder at times how long it will be before they hit serious financial issues. With the very poor sales of the PS3 (which they are still losing money on the hardware) and the battery fiasco how long will it be before the public give Sony a miss due to mistrust of their products.

Finally - Stu why would anyone buy a camera if you cannot upload to a PC?

4. Ascylto

Soooooooony

I gave up buying Sony some years ago. Until then I was in the category of waiting for the knock on the door and the Sony girl asking 'Do you have more than ten Sony products in your household. If you have, you have won Japan!"

Their obsessiveness with proprietary hardware got to me. If you haven't got a Sony XXXStick or whatever then you can't use it.

They lost their way and completely missed the iPod when they had the portable music market to themselves. Apple beware of history!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like